Psychiatrist Physician Chair – Growing Behavioral Health Program
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) is an extraordinary community healthcare system anchored by two highly respected acute-care (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) hospitals is currently inviting a full-time Chair of Psychiatry to lead ECHN’s Behavioral Health Services providing top quality care within regulatory standards in both a clinical and administrative capacity. You will enjoy a work life balance with a Monday through Friday work week schedule with shared rotating well-compensated call coverage (weekend call is optional). We are interested psychiatry physician Our collaborative esteemed multi-disciplinary team of experts includes the support of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, mental health counselors, social workers, and occupational therapist. Come grow with an expanding behavioral health unit and program committed to patients, families, community, and our fellow care team.
- Leads Department of Psychiatry medical staff, administrative staff, and provides exceptional quality care in compliance with regulatory agencies, quality improvement, and peer review activities
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership to Department of Psychiatry, Department of Behavioral Health to increase access with financial performance oversight
- Collaborates with Administrative Director to assure that Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement program is effective
- Participates in recruitment hiring, mentoring of psychiatry staff and psychiatry nurse practitioners, and support to managerial staff
- Actively participates in medical staff leadership activities
- Participates in best clinical care, modeling excellence in clinical and customer service outcomes
- Effectively represents ECHN Department of Psychiatry
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off and sick time
- Generous comprehensive CME allowance (financial value and time)
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Seamless onboarding program with free easy access onsite parking
- Certified in the American Board of Psychiatry and Connecticut licensed
- Federal DEA/Connecticut controlled substance licensed or soon eligible
ECHN’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 500 physicians and advanced practitioners. ECHN hospital provides personalized quality outpatient care and inpatient hospital services, skilled/subacute facilities, state of the art cancer center and cutting edge technology which includes the latest robotic surgical systems/Xi da Vinci, MAKO robotic assisted knee/hip replacement system. Top talent and dedicated faculty physicians support ECHN’s prominent family medicine residency program East of the River, and the Women’s Center for Wellness along with many highly regarded programs.
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of the changing seasons, scenic rivers and peaceful walking/hiking trails with breathtaking views. The area is populated by highly desirable, quaint family-oriented towns anchored by exemplary high-performance school systems, some of which are the best in New England sprinkled with National Blue Ribbon Awarded Schools. If you enjoy city life, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston; New York City; Newport, Rhode Island; Cape Cod; and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The scenic mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and viewing the colorful foliage in the fall. Whether it is rural, suburban, or urban life you desire, you will find it here.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, Michelina Rinaldi, or phone 860 647-6430 for added job details.