Operating Room Surgical Physician Assistant
The Department of Surgery within Crozer Health is currently seeking a qualified, experienced Physician Assistant to actively assist the surgeon during surgical procedures.
This Physician Assistant will serve as a surgical specialist and will be responsible for providing support to meet the needs of the Department of Surgery located at Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCMH.)
This Physician Assistant performs duties in support of the department’s mission to ensure the highest quality of patient care in an economically sound and efficient manner.
- The Physician Assistant will perform a variety of duties in the evaluation, treatment of inpatient/outpatient surgical patients.
- First-assists in the OR at DCMH
- Performs inpatient/outpatient procedures under supervision
- Evaluates patients in ambulatory setting, both independently as well as under supervision of MD
- Scrubs for all surgical specialities
- Enter orders, makes post op visits, performs H & P's and takes call during the week and on weekends, as required per the rotation.
- Part-time (20 hours a week)
Education and Training:
Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
The ideal candidate must have 2 years of current surgical experience. Experience in General and Bariatric surgery preferred. We seek a PA-C with surgical expertise/interests.
Crozer Health offers competitive salary and benefit packages, paid medical malpractice with tail, and fosters collaborative working environments that promote growth and teamwork. We are ideally situated in the Philadelphia metro area and easily accessible to New York City, Washington D.C., the Pocono Mountains or the Jersey Shore!
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV to Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter via email at Nora.Yosry@crozer.org or by calling/texting (732) 691-5818