APRN/NP - Palliative Care Opportunity
Crozer Keystone Health System is looking for a dynamic, motivated Nurse Practitioner to join its collaborative Palliative Care team.
Palliative care at Crozer-Chester Medical center is a service offered to seriously ill hospitalized patients at our hospitals with the aim of reducing physical and emotional suffering, and enhance quality of life. The role of the CRNP is central to the clinical multidisciplinary team in leading quality and care initiatives aimed in achieving best patient outcomes and excellent patient satisfaction.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director or staff physician, the Nurse Practitioner will help direct, facilitate and coordinate the care and support of patients and families that are facing chronic or a life threatening illness.
The palliative care team can assist patients and their loved ones with complex decision making, pain and symptom management. The CRNP will also help coordinate discharge planning, goals of care and advanced care planning.
The CRNP, as a member of the Palliative Care team, will also be involved in providing education and coaching about palliative care to staff physicians and residents in- training.
- Be familiar with policies and regulations pertaining to medical decision-making.
- Demonstrate competence in pain/symptom management and advanced care planning.
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP)
- Be able to work collaboratively with other members of the health care team
- Have completed an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Have BLS certification